Have an account?

My Portfolio

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ruby Woo!

Since my train case was getting a little too over crowded I decided it was about time to depot some of my eye shadows.



Pinks/Corals and my other homeless shades haha :)

1st row L-R: Pen N' Pink, Hot Ho Hot, Maira's Mood, Shale, Vibrant Future
2nd row L- R: Perky, Coppering, LaLa, Nocturnelle, Chrome Yellow
3rd row L-R: Free to be, Expensive Pink, Creme de Violet, Shadowy lady, Golden Rod



And of course, depotting means Back to M.A.C.! For those who are not aware of what back to M.A.C. is, its a recycling program and a good one actually! You return 6 empty M.A.C. containers and in exchange you get a free product. Here in the Philippines, you get to choose from selected lipstick shades.

I actually never wear red lipstick, but the last time I visited a counter to exchange some of my depotted items I saw that Russian Red was available for back to mac so I decided to try it and fell in love. It was however, out of stock so I decided to get Twig instead. This time hoping that theyd have Russian Red, I visited the counter but alas! still no Russian Red. Gee Vee from M.A.C. Glorietta suggested Ruby Woo which is a matte red lipstick that is pretty close to Russian Red.


Swatches:








I really dont like how the swatched came out in te photos. Looks a bit pinkish red which I do not like haha but in person it looks much darker, I think my camera is able to pick up more of the pinker tones.


What it is:
- Matte, Vivid bluish-red
- Permanent
- Retials for $14.00 (plus tax) and around 950 Php (i think?)


I liked Russian Red because first off it wasnt drying, it did not smudge and budge even after eating and drinking, it was easy to remove and didnt leave me with red stained lips. With Ruby Woo, its almost the exact same thing it faded just a bit after eating but it felt really dry.



Some tips for using matte lipsticks or lipsticks with a drying formula:
  • Exfoliate your lips. You can use a toothbrush or one of those scrubs that are meant for your lips.
  • Apply lip balm. Apply it before you start your makeup application so it will have time to really sink in to your lips.
  • You can also top it with gloss (but that kinda defeats the whole reason why you got a matte lipstick haha)

6 comments:

Miss Shopcoholic said...

Ruby Woo looks good on you sis! I want to try Russian Red din pero andami ko pang lippies =)

Maui (Suushh) said...

Hi Khymm, thank you! I think I still like Russian Red 100 times more haha. I found a dupe of it thoug, one of the Revlon lipsticks looks very similar. IMo, its even a closer match than the Ruby Woo

Sherry said...

oh. really nice colour :D

Anonymous said...

I like the color!

Bernadette Villanueva said...

Red lips look good on you, Maui! Ganda ng skin color mo, bagay =)

RonetteB said...

I looove that red lipstick soooo gonna buy myself one...looove the colour.. awesome post :)

........

Fashion & Beauty - Top Blogs Philippines Personal Real Time Analytics