4u2 Gemtone Quad in Moonstone
It broke :/ I dont know how that happened
Swatches!! (Left to right: top 2 and bottom 2)
Rich, yummy colors!
I was drawn to the colors. Yes I know I have a ton of neutrals, but the colors looked so rich and vibrant I couldnt say no. The pictures do not give it justice! All the shades have a hint of pink to it making it extra extra warm haha. It just had my name written all over it!
Why you should buy it:
- It's available locally (Philippines)
- It's relatively cheap compared to high end brands. Im not quite sure how much I got this for, I think its around 300-400 pesos. (4 shades for half the price of a MAC eyeshadow!)
- The colors are rich and beautiful! And great color payoff! Hardly any fall out
- The shades are to die for (I know ive said that already but it really is pretty haha).
- Theyre all shimmers which is new, I rarely like anything thats shimmery. But despite it being shimmery the color payoff is good no need to use a matte base if youre using this as a lid color.
What you should consider:
- Im very careful with my things. If youve seen my traincase, you will know that the bottom compartment even has bubble wrap haha. I have dropped my traincase once, and nothing broke thank goodness! this palette, however, broke, for no apprent reason. I dont know how that happened, I just opened it and saw one of the e/s broken. My friend had already told me that this particular brand tends to crack or break easily.
- If you avoid makeup with parabens and talc, this isnt for you!
- The expiration date irks me, I bought this not more than a month ago. And the expiration date is on 041010 (April 10, 2010?) thats a few days from now! I didnt see that when I purchased it. Make sure you check the expiration date before you purchase!
Overall, I really love this quad. Wil definitely go back and check the other shades that they have. They have a ton! I just liked the quads better than the eyeshadow duos, saves space on my already cramp traincase.
Happy Easter! =)